Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An extra hand in some watches and clocks which moves round to indicate the seconds.
- ‘Try positioning yourself in view of a wall clock or use a watch with a second hand or timer.’
- ‘Wear a watch that has a second hand and be sure to keep an eye on it between sets.’
- ‘The man spots another clock, where the second hand has not moved at all.’
- ‘I woke up in the hospital at three in the morning and I could see the second hand on the clock wasn't moving.’
- ‘If you use the second hand of your watch, you will need to convert minutes and seconds into a decimal value.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.