Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in Christian thought) Jesus Christ.
- ‘Jesus, the second Adam, became one like us in all things except sin.’
- ‘The first man Adam was a living soul, the second Adam a living giving spirit ’.’
- ‘The first Adam fell, but the second Adam stands and thus destroys Satan.’
- ‘The first Adam lost it when he sinned; the second Adam got it back.’
- ‘The family resemblance is unmistakable, except that Adam and Eve are aged and Christ, the second Adam, is eternally young.’
With biblical allusion to 1 Cor. 15: 45–47.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.