Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for secondary smoke
- ‘And society has a duty to them, their families and those who breathe in their second-hand smoke, to help them quit.’
- ‘Does second-hand smoke cause ‘no added risk’ to people living or working with smokers?’
- ‘How can you argue your right to hand me your second-hand smoke?’
- ‘But these ads are focused on the second-hand smoke you might encounter in a public place.’
- ‘Once I got used to the second-hand smoke, Arto made the trip that much more enjoyable.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.