Excessive discharge of sebum from the sebaceous glands.
- ‘Outdoor recreation, especially during summer, will also improve seborrhea, although caution should be taken to avoid sun damage.’
- ‘Besides an itchy scalp, patients may complain of a burning sensation in facial areas affected by seborrhea.’
- ‘I used to rely on topical hydrocortisone creams for patches of seborrhea on my arms, chest and hairline.’
- ‘When applied externally, stevia poultices and extracts have a therapeutic effect on acne, seborrhoea, dermatitis and eczema.’
- ‘Symptoms associated with riboflavin deficiency include, glossitis, seborrhea, angular stomatitis, cheilosis and photophobia.’
Late 19th century: from sebum + -rrhoea.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.