One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A swelling in the skin arising in a sebaceous gland, typically filled with yellowish sebum.Also called wen
- ‘The initial diagnosis was a sebaceous cyst, and excision under local anaesthetic was planned, but the large size of the mass and the finding of bony fixation raised doubts.’
- ‘This 69 year old woman was referred for excision of an infected sebaceous cyst on her neck.’
- ‘As the lesions enlarge, they may resemble a cellulitis, pyogenic furuncle, or an infected sebaceous cyst.’
- ‘People with infections requiring prolonged antibiotics were now able to get treatment at home or in the office, at a time when it was not uncommon to admit patients for sebaceous cysts or simple lacerations.’
- ‘When an old man asks about the lump on his neck, Alberto assures him that it is just a harmless sebaceous cyst.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.