One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used as an expression of goodwill at Christmas or the New Year.
- ‘Happy holidays, season's greetings, and oh, yes, merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.’
- ‘The Chamber of Commerce would like to extend season's greetings to all and look forward to a bumper Christmas trade in the town over the coming month.’
- ‘Christmas greeting cards were sent to all senior citizens living alone and season's greetings were extended to all families in the area.’
- ‘Christmas is supposed to be a time where families and loved ones gather to share the season's greetings.’
- ‘Anyway, special season's greetings to you all, and I wish you all the very best in 2005.’
- ‘These cards offer an ideal way of wishing family, friends and customers season's greetings, while supporting Mayo's largest charity.’
- ‘Preparation is everything though, and Mr Ahern had given season's greetings the previous day.’
- ‘June and Donald added: ‘Thank you and season's greetings to all who helped us and gave us their support’.’
- ‘Some 1,500 leading members of Malaysia's large Christian community have received season's greetings from Abdullah.’
- ‘The Association extends season's greetings to all members and every good wish for the year ahead.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.