One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used as an expression of goodwill at Christmas or the New Year.
- ‘Christmas greeting cards were sent to all senior citizens living alone and season's greetings were extended to all families in the area.’
- ‘Anyway, special season's greetings to you all, and I wish you all the very best in 2005.’
- ‘The Chamber of Commerce would like to extend season's greetings to all and look forward to a bumper Christmas trade in the town over the coming month.’
- ‘Happy holidays, season's greetings, and oh, yes, merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.’
- ‘These cards offer an ideal way of wishing family, friends and customers season's greetings, while supporting Mayo's largest charity.’
- ‘June and Donald added: ‘Thank you and season's greetings to all who helped us and gave us their support’.’
- ‘Some 1,500 leading members of Malaysia's large Christian community have received season's greetings from Abdullah.’
- ‘The Association extends season's greetings to all members and every good wish for the year ahead.’
- ‘Preparation is everything though, and Mr Ahern had given season's greetings the previous day.’
- ‘Christmas is supposed to be a time where families and loved ones gather to share the season's greetings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.