One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small sparrow found on the Atlantic coast of North America.
- ‘The last dusky seaside sparrow died when an intruding snake cornered it.’
- ‘The Cape Sable sparrow's parent species, the seaside sparrow, Ammodramus maritimus, ranges in salt marshes from Massachusetts to Texas.’
- ‘MacDonald analyzed sound spectrographs and concluded that both Cape Sable and Dusky seaside sparrows had songs that were distinctly more ‘insect-like’ than songs of other Seaside Sparrows.’
- ‘But subsequent mitochondrial DNA analysis show that Scott's seaside sparrow was actually a distant relative while there were four other subspecies that were much closer to the dusky.’
- ‘Only a handful of endangered species, such as the Tecopa pupfish, the longjaw cisco, and the dusky seaside sparrow, have ever been taken off the list because they went extinct.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.