One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We must always question, honestly and searchingly, the wisdom of any war.’
- ‘Nor is the symbolism explored as searchingly as it might be.’
- ‘He looked down at the ground searchingly, as if what he had to say were written on the ground.’
- ‘Rina looked hard and searchingly at me, but finally she sighed.’
- ‘My mother looked at me searchingly and asked what had happened.’
- ‘He looked at us searchingly, a doleful expression demanding our sympathy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.