One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A legal document authorizing a police officer or other official to enter and search premises.
- ‘The section allows the police to obtain a search warrant from a justice of the peace.’
- ‘If there is a crime committed and the police go in with a search warrant, they just seize whatever is relevant.’
- ‘The Mounties also executed a search warrant after the arrest was completed.’
- ‘The Court officials can enter premises for searching purposes with a search warrant issued by the Court.’
- ‘It is the Crown who has instituted the charges and it is the Crown who sought and obtained the search warrant for the documents.’
- ‘However when a search warrant was executed, they found a piece of blade on the dresser.’
- ‘Thirty minutes later the police executed a search warrant.’
- ‘Police executed a search warrant under the firearms act on a house in South Ronaldsay on Wednesday night.’
- ‘My client was in hospital at the time that they executed the search warrant.’
- ‘His role is to provide that assistance which is necessary to the peace officers executing the search warrant.’
- ‘This appears to recognize an exception in certain circumstances to the requirement of a search warrant.’
- ‘West Vancouver police executed a search warrant on the residence later that day.’
- ‘The officers ought to have obtained a search warrant before entering the Appellant's residence.’
- ‘For example, the police may not, unless invited, enter a person's premises without a search warrant.’
- ‘Information was passed to West Yorkshire Police and a search warrant was executed at Johnson's home last November.’
- ‘They informed the police who obtained a search warrant and raided Royle's former Chippenham home, seizing a second computer.’
- ‘Since 1987 police can get a search warrant on the word of an informant who does not even have to be named.’
- ‘The search warrant and related documents were placed under seal by a judge.’
- ‘He criticised the minister's proposal to allow only Garda inspectors obtain a search warrant from a district judge.’
- ‘The birds were found after a search warrant was executed by police and officials of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.