One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group of people organized to look for someone or something that is lost.
- ‘A parental search party found us shivering and cowering in the scrub and marched us back to civilisation.’
- ‘A search party found his body, and that of the doctor, floating in the shallow waters of nearby Lake Starnberg.’
- ‘He was with a search party of Currane people on Sept 13 when some human bones and clothes were found.’
- ‘All teams returned safely and a search party was not required to find the girls team who played a good game of golf.’
- ‘A search party of 200 local people and mountain rescuers continued to hunt for the child into this morning.’
- ‘A military search party found her body on the trail around midnight.’
- ‘So when this happened, she didn't expect to have 200 people show up at the Carriage Club retirement village to be part of a search party.’
- ‘A police search party found them still in the tree 22 hours later.’
- ‘My family wouldn't even have called out a search party yet.’
- ‘She said they dispatched a search party of four canoes.’
- ‘We don't yet have all the answers, but 50,000 Europeans have now joined the search party.’
- ‘Do lost people have to pay for the expense of their search party?’
- ‘A search party is organised to locate her and she is eventually found and brought home.’
- ‘Erik's father had organized a search party, and was out still with the group.’
- ‘The man, believed to be 35, was found alive but unconscious by a search party early yesterday morning.’
- ‘While search was in progress terrorists opened fire when they found themselves trapped by the search party.’
- ‘The material put up around the walls will keep you amused long enough for other patrons to consider organising a search party.’
- ‘A heated debate ensues and a search party is dispatched.’
- ‘A search party soon set off in the gathering dusk.’
- ‘If I'm not back tomorrow send out the search party.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.