One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A submarine mountain.
- ‘He took advantage of the opportunity to record echo-sounding profiles across parts of the Pacific and discovered several flat-topped submarine mountains or seamounts.’
- ‘As the seamount sinks or its peak erodes, the seamount will disappear beneath the water leaving the coral ring.’
- ‘Since the Early Miocene, thermal decay has led to the subsidence of Cavalli Seamount and other, volcanic, seamounts in the South Fiji Basin.’
- ‘These deep water whales are usually found in the vicinity of seamounts and continental slopes in temperate and subarctic waters.’
- ‘This process of volcano growth and death, over many millions of years, has left a long trail of volcanic islands and seamounts across the Pacific Ocean floor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.