One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A submarine mountain.
- ‘These deep water whales are usually found in the vicinity of seamounts and continental slopes in temperate and subarctic waters.’
- ‘Since the Early Miocene, thermal decay has led to the subsidence of Cavalli Seamount and other, volcanic, seamounts in the South Fiji Basin.’
- ‘This process of volcano growth and death, over many millions of years, has left a long trail of volcanic islands and seamounts across the Pacific Ocean floor.’
- ‘He took advantage of the opportunity to record echo-sounding profiles across parts of the Pacific and discovered several flat-topped submarine mountains or seamounts.’
- ‘As the seamount sinks or its peak erodes, the seamount will disappear beneath the water leaving the coral ring.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.