One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Orders for procedure which are not to be opened before a specified time.‘we were sent to the landing strip to set up a listening post on a wavelength contained in sealed orders’
- ‘The khan ordered two nobles to take one hundred warriors to the site and to then open his sealed orders.’
- ‘‘Ladies and gentleman,’ he said as they took their seats around the long table, ‘as some of you might know, we've been operating under sealed orders.’’
- ‘Before the war began all merchant ships on the high seas had been given sealed orders about what to do in case of hostilities.’
- ‘When that was done, further sealed orders were to be opened, which would instruct him to cruise in the South Pacific Ocean.’
- ‘Claudius sends Hamlet to England with sealed orders that he should be killed on arrival.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.