Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A box jelly which can inflict a dangerous sting.
- ‘The sea wasp was dramatic proof that there were still dangerous unknown creatures to be discovered and studied.’
- ‘Australia is host to the most venomous marine creatures in the world, but the sting from a box jellyfish, or sea wasp, is definitely one to avoid.’
- ‘Known also as the sea wasp and the marine stinger, box jellyfish have killed about 65 people in the past century.’
- ‘The product reportedly proved largely successful against the sting of the sea wasp, a type of box jelly.’
- ‘We Brits and the crew preferred full suits, which proved their use after a night dive on which we had to pass through a layer of stinging sea wasps drawn in by the lights of our torches.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.