One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A box jelly which can inflict a dangerous sting.
- ‘We Brits and the crew preferred full suits, which proved their use after a night dive on which we had to pass through a layer of stinging sea wasps drawn in by the lights of our torches.’
- ‘The product reportedly proved largely successful against the sting of the sea wasp, a type of box jelly.’
- ‘Australia is host to the most venomous marine creatures in the world, but the sting from a box jellyfish, or sea wasp, is definitely one to avoid.’
- ‘The sea wasp was dramatic proof that there were still dangerous unknown creatures to be discovered and studied.’
- ‘Known also as the sea wasp and the marine stinger, box jellyfish have killed about 65 people in the past century.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.