Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A spider-like marine arachnid which has a narrow segmented body with a minute abdomen and long legs.
- ‘We found ten different species of nudibranch, as well as sea spiders, edible crabs, swimming crabs and sea hares.’
- ‘Fish life is limited, although there are usually lots of crabs and sea spiders scuttling around.’
- ‘His thesis was done on the embryology of the Pycnogonidae, the sea spiders, based on material collected here at Woods Hole.’
- ‘In reality, a yellow sea spider standing on the bottom is in motion, tiptoeing incrementally from here to there, making, at best, a centimeter an hour.’
- ‘Literature of the past century states that sea spiders, a group with unresolved arthropod affinities, lack an excretory system.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.