One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A marine mollusc, especially one with a spiral shell.
- ‘For a while she assisted in his research on the nervous system of a sea snail.’
- ‘The two national dishes are conch, an easily collected sea snail, rice, and peas.’
- ‘They comb the sea floor for sea snails, oysters and mussels.’
- ‘Vietnam is home to a sea snail that in the process of constructing its house forms extremely rare orange melo pearls.’
- ‘In Thule, the third most important prey by weight was the bottom-living sea snail, Liparis spp.’
2another term for snailfish
- ‘Waren said that when he first examined the sea snail, the animal's magnetized scales kept sticking to his forceps.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.