Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Salt produced by the evaporation of seawater.
sodium chlorideView synonyms
- ‘After all this talk of salt, Jane produces a packet of Maldon sea salt to sprinkle over them.’
- ‘Drain well and toss with a little extra butter, sea salt, pepper and lemon juice.’
- ‘Mix the olive oil, crushed chillies and thyme leaves with sea salt and black pepper.’
- ‘Season salmon skin with grains of paradise, red sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste.’
- ‘Mix the chilli powder with a teaspoon of sea salt, then sprinkle this mix on each side of the racks.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.