One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of marine fishes which typically have a long-based dorsal fin and which are popular as sporting fish.
a fish of the snapper family (Lutjanidae: several genera).
- ‘A close relation, Morone americanus, is much smaller, and is usually referred to as white perch or sea perch.’
- ‘Little is known about predation on modern Nautilus beyond the fact that turtles and sea perch will feed on them.’
- ‘If we can't get blue cod we can usually get sea perch which are delicious when they are fresh.’
- ‘Large schools of butterfly perch hovered, while sea perch (known locally as Jock Stewarts) glared at us as they sat motionless on the rocks.’
- ‘Also known as the deep sea perch, the species was first targeted in the northeast Atlantic in 1991, with annual catches soon hitting 5,000 tons.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.