One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A salt-resistant tree of the dock family, bearing grape-like bunches of edible purple fruit and found on the Atlantic coasts of tropical America.
Coccoloba uvifera, family Polygonaceae
- ‘The dune vegetation included sea oats, sea grape, and beach morning glory (Ipomoea pes-caprae).’
- ‘Delightful tropical scents floated in on cool gusts of wind from the sea; only tall sea grape vines marred the picturesque view of the beach.’
- ‘Lighting a mentholated cigarette, I strolled by sea grape hedges and through a moongate to a limestone cliff dropping to the Atlantic.’
- ‘Sea Grapes take on a number of growing habits and can also be found as spreading shrubs.’
- 1.1 The fruit of the sea grape.
- ‘I remember helping them make guava and sea grape jellies.’
- ‘For example we have the sowse vendors, and the women who make sea grape jelly for sale, but this is all on the level of cottage industry.’
- ‘I was at a public beach in Tampa, Florida, last week and noticed these sea grapes had fruit that was ripe on them.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.