Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The part of the land adjoining or near the sea.‘the sea coast of Florida’
- ‘There is more rainfall in the mountains than along the seacoast.’
- ‘Chichester worked tirelessly for causes far beyond the New Hampshire seacoast.’
- ‘The security forces now dominate the eastern sea coast.’
- ‘All the many stories relate naturally to places on the sea coast.’
- ‘The city is strung out 20-30 miles along the seacoast.’
- ‘The town of Kumta is located on the Arabian sea coast in the district of Uttara Kannada in the state of Karnataka.’
- ‘This canoe allowed them to transport camping necessities via the sea coast to a distant location where we set up camp for a few days.’
- ‘There is a very attractive cross country short walk from here to Smugglers Cove, a small beach on the sea coast.’
- ‘We need to bring a new formula for habitation closer to 500 m from the seacoast for which a positive view is necessary.’
- ‘It is located far from Oxbridge, amidst James's own native grounds: the wilds of the bleak East Anglian seacoast.’
- ‘Now living with her husband on the Massachusetts seacoast, it took her over two years to write the book.’
- ‘The island sloped upwards from the sea-coast in all directions, rising to a hill that was almost a mountain in the center.’
- ‘Gale force winds which threatened floods at the weekend have blown unprecedented numbers of a small Arctic seabird on to the North sea coast.’
- ‘In his spare time, he examined rocks in the area, especially along the sea coast.’
- ‘Those who are wealthy enough build villas or large vacation homes in the mountains or on the sea coast.’
- ‘With very few exceptions, most of the rest of the population lives in small picturesque villages on the seacoast.’
- ‘On the sandy beach on the sea coast of Burrin mountains.’
- ‘Near the sea-coast this stream is several miles in width.’
- ‘I was driven from the highlands over dirt roads to Qui Nhon on the sea coast.’
- ‘I must also admit the beautiful location of the city of La Rochelle, along the sea coast, was also a factor!’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.