One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of marine fishes that are related to or resemble the common perch.
a mainly tropical fish of a large family (Serranidae, the sea bass family), especially one of the genus Centropristis; the sea bass family also includes the groupers.
('white sea bass') a large game fish of the Pacific coast of North America (Cynoscion nobilis, family Sciaenidae).
the European bass, Dicentrarchus labrax.See bass (sense 2)
- ‘Alaskan halibut, Alaskan salmon, sardines, white sea bass, and many farm-raised species, including tilapia, are better choices, according to the lists.’
- ‘Again, did you know that the Pla samli, or kingfish is also known as the black-banded trevally, or the Pla kapong khao or sea perch is also known as the white sea bass?’
- ‘Kelp beds off the coast disappeared, white sea bass numbers dwindled and Dover sole suffered from fin rot.’
- ‘Dine on seafood specialties, including the superb ceviche de corvina - raw white sea bass marinated in lime juice - in the open-air cocina.’
- ‘Angela, along with twelve other PSC fishing members, landed approximately eighty nice, mostly small mouth, white sea bass.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.