Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of a number of marine fishes that are related to or resemble the common perch, in particular.
- ‘Angela, along with twelve other PSC fishing members, landed approximately eighty nice, mostly small mouth, white sea bass.’
- ‘Again, did you know that the Pla samli, or kingfish is also known as the black-banded trevally, or the Pla kapong khao or sea perch is also known as the white sea bass?’
- ‘Dine on seafood specialties, including the superb ceviche de corvina - raw white sea bass marinated in lime juice - in the open-air cocina.’
- ‘Kelp beds off the coast disappeared, white sea bass numbers dwindled and Dover sole suffered from fin rot.’
- ‘Alaskan halibut, Alaskan salmon, sardines, white sea bass, and many farm-raised species, including tilapia, are better choices, according to the lists.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.