One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of memory card typically used in digital cameras and other portable devices.‘most digicams today store photos on SD cards’
- ‘Fortunately, the device also allows the use of external SD cards for additional storage.’
- ‘As long as your SD card is big enough, the device is powerful enough to render images smaller to fit the screen.’
- ‘They should be around the same price as current SD cards.’
- ‘Downloaded songs are stored on an SD card.’
- ‘Extra storage can be added using a mini SD card, which is slightly more expensive than a standard SD card.’
- ‘You can back-up your data on an SD card, if you have one.’
- ‘The SD card is small enough for emerging devices like wristwatch MP3 players.’
- ‘Be sure your SD card can handle the amount of information you are trying to put on it.’
- ‘The package doesn't include an SD card but has 15MB of internal memory to get you started or act as an overflow.’
- ‘When it comes to expansion, this brand again tops the competition with two SD card slots.’
1990s: abbreviated form of secure digital card.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.