One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the ancient region of Scythia or its inhabitants.‘the formation of the Scythian cultures’
- ‘The scientist paid much attention to studies on Scythian culture and its relations with the Caucasus and the Near East.’
- ‘The Romans employed Scythian archers on horseback.’
- ‘The vast expanses of the Eurasian Steppes were inhabited by Scythian nomads.’
- ‘Scythian gold objects discovered in a nearby cave were shown in the exhibit.’
- ‘She presented the Prime Minister with a boxed replica of a 2000 year-old Scythian artwork.’
A native or inhabitant of the ancient region of Scythia.‘the Scythians retreated into the Crimea’
- ‘She was accosted in Greek, by a person who wore the dress of a Scythian.’
- ‘His origins disrupt traditional values about what it means to be a Scythian, as they were regarded as barbarous and uncivilised.’
- ‘The first and most effective race to use the horse in battle was the Scythians.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.