One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of being extremely dirty and unpleasant.‘the scuzziness of the floor and bar areas’
dirt, dirtiness, squalidness, filth, filthiness, grubbiness, grime, griminess, muck, muckiness, slumminess, foulness, vileness, poverty, wretchedness, dinginess, meanness, nastiness, seediness, shabbiness, sordidness, sleaziness, insalubrity, slovenliness, repulsivenessView synonyms
- ‘His daughter had attended an information meeting, and loved it on the spot because of the scuzziness of the student lounge, the awful curtains, the beat-up furniture.’
- ‘As soon as they arrived at the house, Joey withdrew to the shower claiming extreme scuzziness.’
- ‘Perhaps you've been pleased by the ongoing revelations of scams, scandals, and outright scuzziness in the executive suites of major corporations.’
- ‘On my first trip to downtown Hollywood, I was appalled by its scuzziness.’
- ‘This 20-something foursome do power-pop in sneeringly impeccable English, mixing up stadium rock riffs with heads-down scuzziness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.