One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being scurrilous.‘a mixture of humour and mild scurrility’
abuse, scurrilousness, disparagement, denigration, deprecation, insult, defamation, slander, libel, scandal, calumny, aspersions, invective, opprobrium, vituperation, vitriol, venomView synonyms
- ‘But scurrility and elitism should have has no place in these forums.’
- ‘But some way before halftime - though the pace and scurrility never slacken - it all starts to wear a bit thin.’
- ‘The host has more success with a mixture of humour and mild scurrility.’
- ‘Its ethos: ‘We shall banish from our Paper, all Party and Politics, and their constant attendants, scurrility and scandal.’’
- ‘Anonymous letters echoed all these attacks in every key of scurrility.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.