One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They relocated to a scummy flat in South London where there would be no distractions.’
- ‘He calls no shots, but works as the hit man on various scummy schemes.’
- ‘He is able to be suave and scummy at the same time.’
- ‘Sure they're scummy, but compared to the stagnant ponds that make up Upper Hutt ‘City’, they are Mediterranean.’
- ‘The boy next to her (Mike, I assumed) wore a scummy baseball cap turned backwards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.