One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See scuba diving
- ‘Visitors can learn to surf, kayak with dolphins and scuba-dive in the Julian Rocks Marine Reserve.’
- ‘Offsite, kayak through a mangrove swamp, hike, bike, horseback ride, swim with dolphins, scuba-dive among shipwrecks and reefs, and tour caves.’
- ‘Learning to scuba-dive is a fairly intimate business.’
- ‘When the videos of Blackadder started selling, I learnt to scuba-dive and would go diving a couple of times a year.’
- ‘The game starts off with a very impressive cinematic of Ethan Hunt scuba-diving in uncharted waters.’
- ‘Day at leisure, a chance to take a private trip, perhaps to admire Barbadian skill at cricket, to fish, or to snorkel or scuba-dive.’
- ‘We elected to stay at the Sandals Antigua resort because of the scuba-dive recommendations from our local dive club.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.