One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Making a loud crunching noise when crushed or compressed.‘scrunchy snow’
- ‘Our arms were our forelegs; our own legs, with straight knees, came behind, and, backsides in the air off we went, the tins making a lovely scrunchy sound on the track.’
A circular band of fabric-covered elastic used for fastening the hair.
- ‘Traditionally scrunchies consist of a circular elastic band completely encased by a piece of gathered fabric designed to produce a pouffy look.’
- ‘Her long hair was unrestrained by any scrunchies or finger traps, but her face bore the same sneaky smile.’
- ‘In addition to scrub tops, Scrubs Key West offers coordinating jackets, pants, surgical caps and scrunchies.’
- ‘Carly had even taken a pair of scrunchies and tied Yelina's hair in pig-tails.’
- ‘Over 100 styles of wigs, Falls, ¾ caps, ponytails, pony tail wraps and scrunchies to choose.’
- ‘I took two scrunchies and tied my long hair into two big ponytails.’
- ‘She breathed in the fresh air, untainted by the smell of bat guano, and began following the trail she had marked earlier with hair scrunchies.’
- ‘Sammi rushed over to them dressed in her favorite leather, purple skirt with her streaked hair tied into two big ponytails with scrunchies.’
- ‘It didn't take me long to find some hair stuff to straighten my hair and I gathered so many hair scrunchies it didn't make sense.’
- ‘To be in stores early next year, the Cover Girl / Goody line will feature 50-plus SKUs, including such styling and fashion accessories as barrettes, scrunchies, headbands and compact mirrors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.