One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A half back who puts the ball into the scrum and stands ready to receive it again.
- ‘Leigh were put under pressure early on when the Sandbach pack turned over the Leigh ball to enable their scrum half to score wide out.’
- ‘From the start, it had looked as though the home side were going to run riot with Ian Wilson, the scrum half, scoring after five minutes.’
- ‘And it was the scrum half, whose drop goal separated the sides in the Grand Final last year, who sent in a kick for the next score.’
- ‘They had the smooth half combination of Jupana Jayawardena the scrum half and Haren Malwatte as fly half.’
- ‘Despite this Muir conjured up their fifth try with their livewire scrum half Cussiter scorching in from 30 metres.’
- ‘Hewitt set Barley up with a great inside pass to put his scrum half clear and through for try number two.’
- ‘The replacement scrum half deftly fly-hacked the ball and chased for his side's eighth.’
- ‘Joe Milner terrorised their scrum half throughout the afternoon.’
- ‘Loosing our scrum half and a back row forward through injury changed the whole game.’
- ‘But the ball bounced unkindly for the scrum half and it was hacked down field.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.