One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A half back who puts the ball into the scrum and stands ready to receive it again.
- ‘Leigh were put under pressure early on when the Sandbach pack turned over the Leigh ball to enable their scrum half to score wide out.’
- ‘Hewitt set Barley up with a great inside pass to put his scrum half clear and through for try number two.’
- ‘Joe Milner terrorised their scrum half throughout the afternoon.’
- ‘Despite this Muir conjured up their fifth try with their livewire scrum half Cussiter scorching in from 30 metres.’
- ‘And it was the scrum half, whose drop goal separated the sides in the Grand Final last year, who sent in a kick for the next score.’
- ‘They had the smooth half combination of Jupana Jayawardena the scrum half and Haren Malwatte as fly half.’
- ‘From the start, it had looked as though the home side were going to run riot with Ian Wilson, the scrum half, scoring after five minutes.’
- ‘But the ball bounced unkindly for the scrum half and it was hacked down field.’
- ‘Loosing our scrum half and a back row forward through injury changed the whole game.’
- ‘The replacement scrum half deftly fly-hacked the ball and chased for his side's eighth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.