One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Other than the current scruffiness of my hair, though, I quite liked my appearance.’
- ‘The punters don't seem to mind the scruffiness.’
- ‘Del grinned to herself, ‘Does she hate your scruffiness?’’
- ‘I mentioned the picture thing because of him, with his scruffiness.’
- ‘Yeah, I noticed a bit of scruffiness around the chin area.’
- ‘I'm not particularly fond of your brand of scruffiness either.’
- ‘So aren't the protestations of terminal scruffiness and aw-shucks fallibility just a little disingenuous?’
- ‘But are scruffiness and Slipknot t-shirts not just an integral part of being a techie?’
- ‘But I think people love that scruffiness, that roughness.’
- ‘In their defence the attacking pair will point to the scruffiness of the service but they must take some responsibility too.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.