One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The city swarms with scruffily dressed and, largely, scruffily mannered young people.’
- ‘A woman is approached in the street by a scruffily dressed youth who opens his mouth - and asks for directions to the local mosque.’
- ‘The accomplice who sneaked in is believed to be around 30 and scruffily dressed.’
- ‘His bag and jacket were shiny, his top button done up, his tie scruffily fitted.’
- ‘This resulted in a situation where the higher up the management ladder you are, the more scruffily you dress at work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.