One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A nurse who handles sterile equipment while assisting a surgeon during a surgical operation.
- ‘For example, advanced neurosurgery requires a neurosurgeon, an anesthesiologist, a neurophysiologist, a scrub nurse, and various nurses assuming other roles.’
- ‘One difference is that most Taiwanese hospitals continue to have an RN circulating nurse and scrub nurse for each surgical patient.’
- ‘Even the scrub nurse may be able to develop a relationship with the patient under these circumstances, as one nurse explains.’
- ‘I used it only intermittently, when the stress of my job as a scrub nurse in the OR was unbearable.’
- ‘The scrub nurse assembles the hysteroscope and sheath and passes the remaining disposable supplies to the circulating nurse to begin the unit procedure setup.’
- ‘During the clinical phase with preceptors, one of the new nurses pointed out that a scrub nurse was using suture packages to rectify an incorrect needle count.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.