One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A nurse who handles sterile equipment while assisting a surgeon during a surgical operation.
- ‘For example, advanced neurosurgery requires a neurosurgeon, an anesthesiologist, a neurophysiologist, a scrub nurse, and various nurses assuming other roles.’
- ‘During the clinical phase with preceptors, one of the new nurses pointed out that a scrub nurse was using suture packages to rectify an incorrect needle count.’
- ‘The scrub nurse assembles the hysteroscope and sheath and passes the remaining disposable supplies to the circulating nurse to begin the unit procedure setup.’
- ‘I used it only intermittently, when the stress of my job as a scrub nurse in the OR was unbearable.’
- ‘Even the scrub nurse may be able to develop a relationship with the patient under these circumstances, as one nurse explains.’
- ‘One difference is that most Taiwanese hospitals continue to have an RN circulating nurse and scrub nurse for each surgical patient.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.