Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A nurse who handles sterile equipment while assisting a surgeon during a surgical operation.
- ‘The scrub nurse assembles the hysteroscope and sheath and passes the remaining disposable supplies to the circulating nurse to begin the unit procedure setup.’
- ‘I used it only intermittently, when the stress of my job as a scrub nurse in the OR was unbearable.’
- ‘One difference is that most Taiwanese hospitals continue to have an RN circulating nurse and scrub nurse for each surgical patient.’
- ‘Even the scrub nurse may be able to develop a relationship with the patient under these circumstances, as one nurse explains.’
- ‘For example, advanced neurosurgery requires a neurosurgeon, an anesthesiologist, a neurophysiologist, a scrub nurse, and various nurses assuming other roles.’
- ‘During the clinical phase with preceptors, one of the new nurses pointed out that a scrub nurse was using suture packages to rectify an incorrect needle count.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.