One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Skin irritation caused by the parasitic larvae of mites, particularly as experienced in northern tropical Australia.‘members of the expedition who landed first suffered from mosquito bites and scrub itch’
- ‘Its prickly leaf sheathes the abode of that vexing insect which causes the scrub itch.’
- ‘I finally got scrub-itch that day—a plague of tiny red mites that get under your skin and itch like mad.’
- ‘They were alive with scrub-itch, which had eaten torturing sores into them.’
- ‘Chiggers also cause an affliction known as scrub itch in several countries.’
- ‘I could watch them through my binoculars, away from leeches and smothering scrub itch.’
- ‘Only 20 of the 700 species are important, as they cause scrub itch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.