One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of moving displayed text or graphics up, down, or across on a computer screen in order to view different parts of them.‘the graphics are excellent with fast, smooth scrolling’as modifier ‘scrolling speeds’
- ‘Because parts are categorized, finding an item doesn't require extensive searching or scrolling.’
- ‘Incidentally the website is based, as you discover rather late in the day, on horizontal scrolling.’
- ‘So there is no excuse for irritating scrolling of text up and down, especially when it's for quite small distances.’
attributive (of an ornamental design or carving) made to resemble a partly unrolled scroll of parchment.‘a pair of bath supports with scrolling vines’
- ‘The scrolling brass inlay on this cup is a relatively unusual feature although German tankards were occasionally decorated the same way.’
- ‘Elsewhere, passages become more complex, with a subtle, scrolling pattern resembling rubbings from incised stone.’
- ‘The Ashburnham hangings are based primarily on English crewel work bed hangings with more freely scrolling tree designs than is found in Mughal floorspreads.’
- ‘Its rich deep border was a riot of scrolling acanthus, shells and stylised fountains.’
- ‘The field is patterned with flowering trees and Mughal-style angels or peris and there is a wide border with a scrolling design of flowers and birds.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.