Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A video game in which the background scrolls past at a constant rate.
- ‘Instead of being a straightforward 2D side scroller, the player must utilize all directions in order to be successful.’
- ‘While the side scroller lives on and makes an occasional appearance in a console game, the future is platformers in vast 3D worlds.’
- ‘Although it's a side scroller, the game engine is a 3D one.’
- ‘It's your basic side scroller and you can't really have too many side scrollers, can you?’
- ‘It's a perfect example of a great arcade side scroller.’
- ‘Actually they'll have a tougher time than you might think since apparently their army consists of bad guys from every side scroller ever made.’
2another term for scroll saw
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.