One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A video game in which the background scrolls past at a constant rate.
- ‘Although it's a side scroller, the game engine is a 3D one.’
- ‘Instead of being a straightforward 2D side scroller, the player must utilize all directions in order to be successful.’
- ‘While the side scroller lives on and makes an occasional appearance in a console game, the future is platformers in vast 3D worlds.’
- ‘It's your basic side scroller and you can't really have too many side scrollers, can you?’
- ‘It's a perfect example of a great arcade side scroller.’
- ‘Actually they'll have a tougher time than you might think since apparently their army consists of bad guys from every side scroller ever made.’
2another term for scroll saw
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.