One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A video game in which the background scrolls past at a constant rate.
- ‘Actually they'll have a tougher time than you might think since apparently their army consists of bad guys from every side scroller ever made.’
- ‘Although it's a side scroller, the game engine is a 3D one.’
- ‘It's your basic side scroller and you can't really have too many side scrollers, can you?’
- ‘While the side scroller lives on and makes an occasional appearance in a console game, the future is platformers in vast 3D worlds.’
- ‘Instead of being a straightforward 2D side scroller, the player must utilize all directions in order to be successful.’
- ‘It's a perfect example of a great arcade side scroller.’
2another term for scroll saw
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.