One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In 1712, the scrofulous two-year-old son of a Staffordshire bookseller was brought to London for presentation to Queen Anne.’
- ‘When people claim to be reincarnated, for some reason, they tend to have been the Queen of Sheba, and not some scrofulous beggar.’
- ‘And most of them were scrofulous and all of them were evil,’
- ‘Some of those who parted with their money to bet on the really scrofulous nags would undoubtedly say that was the best place for them.’
- ‘No king touched so much for the king's evil, that class of unpleasant glandular and scrofulous disorders that kings were reputed to be able to cure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.