One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for scribe (sense 3 of the noun)
- ‘They also had automatic glide return and scribers to mark your work.’
- ‘Specimen designations were etched on discs with a vibrating scriber.’
- ‘Set a scriber / compass to the widest gap between the backsplash and the wall.’
- ‘Depending on the circumstance, use a compass / scriber or a flat carpenter's pencil to transfer the angle and shape of the object being fit to the object being scribed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.