One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for scribe (sense 3 of the noun)
- ‘Set a scriber / compass to the widest gap between the backsplash and the wall.’
- ‘They also had automatic glide return and scribers to mark your work.’
- ‘Depending on the circumstance, use a compass / scriber or a flat carpenter's pencil to transfer the angle and shape of the object being fit to the object being scribed.’
- ‘Specimen designations were etched on discs with a vibrating scriber.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.