A round cap or lid that can be screwed on to a bottle or jar.
- ‘It was the sight of one of the panellists failing on two attempts to open the screw cap on a bottle of mineral water.’
- ‘Almost airtight screw caps result in slower evolution and the less than perfect screw caps on older bottles will result in quicker change.’
- ‘All the containers filled at Oneida are gable-top paperboard cartons, many with screw caps for greater ease in pouring and recloseability.’
- ‘The increase is expected to be fueled in part by the dairy segment's use of plastic screw caps over traditional paperboard packaging.’
- ‘Like most wine drinkers, you are no doubt aware of the increasing trend for our wines to be sealed with a metal screw cap.’