One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Adapted or designed to be closed by screwing.‘the flex is held by a screw-down bar’
- ‘Clip-in mount points are used, rather than screw-down hex nuts.’
- ‘It is best to use a case with screw-down lids, so the solution doesn't leak.’
- ‘The inputs are attached to by screw-down terminal blocks and include two ground terminals.’
- ‘As far as wiring goes, follow the plans for the boards in order to end up with screw-down terminals that are easy to connect to.’
- ‘The trouble with this screw-down machine is that the round handle doesn't always give you enough pressure, especially if you are trying to press a lot of bulbs at the same time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.