One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See screw cap
- ‘Within two months of launching its range consisting of over 30 screw-capped wines it has already sold over one-and-a-half million bottles.’
- ‘The seeds were placed in screw-capped plastic containers, wrapped in aluminium foil and stored at room temperature.’
- ‘Recently I tasted five bottles of the 1937 Macallan, each of which had spent more than 30 years in a cask and about 30 years in screw-capped bottles.’
- ‘My vote goes to this exotic, nutty, spiced apricot-scented, screw-capped white made from the Rhône's unusual marsanne grape.’
- ‘Freeze-ground material of leaves or flavedo was weighed in screw-capped Pyrex tubes and 2 ml of MeOH were added.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.