One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who writes a screenplay.
writer, man of letters, woman of letters, wordsmithView synonyms
- ‘That doesn't explain older screenwriters who choose to write about the trials and tribulations of the young.’
- ‘Ask people to name a contemporary screenwriter and even some of the most ardent film buffs might be left scratching their heads.’
- ‘He thinks that he was able to write this film because he's at a different time in his life than most screenwriters.’
- ‘It does this without ever becoming overly dramatic or sentimental - a trait that many of Hollywood's screenwriters would do well to note.’
- ‘The screenwriters stay close to the central relationship, without losing touch with the freedom of thought amongst the Mexican intelligentsia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.