Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who writes a screenplay.
writer, man of letters, woman of letters, wordsmithView synonyms
- ‘It does this without ever becoming overly dramatic or sentimental - a trait that many of Hollywood's screenwriters would do well to note.’
- ‘The screenwriters stay close to the central relationship, without losing touch with the freedom of thought amongst the Mexican intelligentsia.’
- ‘He thinks that he was able to write this film because he's at a different time in his life than most screenwriters.’
- ‘That doesn't explain older screenwriters who choose to write about the trials and tribulations of the young.’
- ‘Ask people to name a contemporary screenwriter and even some of the most ardent film buffs might be left scratching their heads.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.