One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who writes a screenplay.
writer, man of letters, woman of letters, wordsmithView synonyms
- ‘It does this without ever becoming overly dramatic or sentimental - a trait that many of Hollywood's screenwriters would do well to note.’
- ‘That doesn't explain older screenwriters who choose to write about the trials and tribulations of the young.’
- ‘The screenwriters stay close to the central relationship, without losing touch with the freedom of thought amongst the Mexican intelligentsia.’
- ‘Ask people to name a contemporary screenwriter and even some of the most ardent film buffs might be left scratching their heads.’
- ‘He thinks that he was able to write this film because he's at a different time in his life than most screenwriters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.