One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The time allotted to or occupied by a particular subject, actor, etc., on film or television.‘these characters deserve more screen time’
- ‘The film allows screen time for a number of different dance pieces to be played out in their entirety, much like a musical.’
- ‘It's taking them all day to do two shots - maybe seven seconds of screen time.’
- ‘All told, these characters only took up a small percentage of screen time in the first film.’
- ‘While the pair star in the same film, they share little or no screen time together, making the film a disappointment for many.’
- ‘I just did not feel he captured the essence of the doctor, and this hurt the film seeing how much screen time he has.’
2Time spent using a device such as a computer, television, or games console.
- ‘Limit your children's recreational screen time to fewer than two hours a day.’
- ‘Too much screen time has also been associated with obesity and has fed into wider cultural laments that children don't get out enough.’
- ‘Ask teachers how much screen time kids get each day.’
- ‘People do not want to hear that the American Academy of Pediatrics says that children under two should not have any screen time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.