Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The action of using a computer program to copy data from a website.
- ‘This application provides a more stable and structured alternative to "screen scraping" and similar techniques.’
- ‘The account aggregation firm will then retrieve the information through a process known as " screen scraping ".’
- ‘The first route often chosen to overcome the Mobile Presentation Challenge is called "screen scraping" or transcoding; this requires repurposing and reformatting HTML presentation content.’
- ‘You can implement an encryption algorithm or screen scraping on top of the Web Service call.’
- ‘The restrictions on screen scraping cause me to wonder whether I'll encounter other technology-cramped restrictions related to the Webcast.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.