Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The action of using a computer program to copy data from a website.
- ‘The account aggregation firm will then retrieve the information through a process known as " screen scraping ".’
- ‘You can implement an encryption algorithm or screen scraping on top of the Web Service call.’
- ‘This application provides a more stable and structured alternative to "screen scraping" and similar techniques.’
- ‘The first route often chosen to overcome the Mobile Presentation Challenge is called "screen scraping" or transcoding; this requires repurposing and reformatting HTML presentation content.’
- ‘The restrictions on screen scraping cause me to wonder whether I'll encounter other technology-cramped restrictions related to the Webcast.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.