One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An animation or image which replaces an unchanging computer display after a period of inactivity.
- ‘Password-protect your computer when the screen saver is active, so when you're away from your PC, your computer will be locked until you enter the password.’
- ‘Other times, the spyware is secretly hitched to another program that the user does want - often a free screen saver, game or peer-to-peer client.’
- ‘This utility is a wonderful screen saver which shows your favorite nature pictures collections at the computer's idle time.’
- ‘He'd shown me the photo of his teenaged sons playing soccer that he used as a screen saver on his computer.’
- ‘When Scott dug his cell phone out of his pocket, ‘8 missed calls’ appeared on the screen after the screen saver disappeared.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.