One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A forward pass to a player protected by a screen of blockers.
- ‘He saved a touchdown on a screen pass by catching Michael Pittman almost 70 yards downfield.’
- ‘They threw a screen pass that looked like it would go for a touchdown.’
- ‘The 49ers made big yards on a screen pass to the New Orleans' 2-yard line with 12 seconds left, but a pass interference penalty wiped out the gain.’
- ‘It started with a bang - a 64-yard catch-and-run after a screen pass - but ended with him suffering a season-ending foot injury as he was tackled.’
- ‘One play seemed to crystallize the Pats' recent struggles when an attempted screen pass went through RB Kevin Faulk's hands.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.