Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1The process or an instance of causing what is displayed on a screen to be printed out.
- ‘I just noticed a comment about acpi or apic - I need to read and record next time - on the last screen dump.’
- ‘Alternatively, if your colleague leaves their computer, take a screen dump of their current work and set it as their wallpaper.’
- ‘In the bottom of this window, a partial screen dump of the quantity value history is displayed.’
- 1.1 A resulting printout.
- ‘I can revert to making the table in another tool and posting a screen dump of it, but that would make the text not searchable.’
- ‘Just check out the following screen dumps taken just a few seconds apart when I was accessing the this website this morning.’
- ‘If one more support person had asked me to send a screen dump, I would've used Irish language in the matter.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.