One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The outer door of a pair, used for protection against insects, weather, etc.
- ‘I ran up the steps, opened the screen door, then turned the handle to the front door and pushed.’
- ‘Startled by a vehicle, Manny Babbitt ran for cover, and tore through the screen door of the first house he came to.’
- ‘From behind me, I heard low murmurs and the sound of the screen door slapping shut.’
- ‘The words were barely out of her mouth before the back screen door slammed shut and the two were off to play.’
- ‘Eddie watched from behind the screen door as the insects flew through the air.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.