One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The outer door of a pair, used for protection against insects, weather, etc.
- ‘Startled by a vehicle, Manny Babbitt ran for cover, and tore through the screen door of the first house he came to.’
- ‘Eddie watched from behind the screen door as the insects flew through the air.’
- ‘I ran up the steps, opened the screen door, then turned the handle to the front door and pushed.’
- ‘From behind me, I heard low murmurs and the sound of the screen door slapping shut.’
- ‘The words were barely out of her mouth before the back screen door slammed shut and the two were off to play.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.