One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I thought the actor playing Evita was very good, but she got a bit screechy when she wanted to be loud or put a lot of emphasis on the lines.’
- ‘Your contributors are entitled to their opinions, but the political comments have recently taken on a screechy tone that leave me cold.’
- ‘I heard Kim's screechy voice saying, ‘Who does she think she is anyway?’’
- ‘She was seen by some men, probably, as too pushy and too screechy.’
- ‘The first track opens abruptly with high volume screechy staccato guitars and some guy screaming his guts out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.