One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They're shaded differently but are otherwise identical, rendered scratchily but with great detail.’
- ‘I liked dive bars with old jukeboxes that scratchily played Sinatra and ‘Dock of the Bay.’’
- ‘When I was a tot, these things were rare - I remember but one, a character promoting the scratchily animated Disney cartoon.’
- ‘Someone has attempted to erase the rather ugly scrawl in the middle with wire wool, or something scratchily similar.’
- ‘We stayed in the auditorium until the school day ended about two hours later, listening intently to the unfolding story broadcast scratchily from that tiny radio.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.