One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We stayed in the auditorium until the school day ended about two hours later, listening intently to the unfolding story broadcast scratchily from that tiny radio.’
- ‘Someone has attempted to erase the rather ugly scrawl in the middle with wire wool, or something scratchily similar.’
- ‘They're shaded differently but are otherwise identical, rendered scratchily but with great detail.’
- ‘I liked dive bars with old jukeboxes that scratchily played Sinatra and ‘Dock of the Bay.’’
- ‘When I was a tot, these things were rare - I remember but one, a character promoting the scratchily animated Disney cartoon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.