One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Eight had chronic otorrhea or previous surgery, two were long-term hearing aid wearers, and one was an habitual ear scratcher.’
- ‘Seven years on at the age of 24, the self-taught scratcher is a familiar face on the South Lakeland music scene.’
- ‘It came across as something of a head scratcher, like a grouchy surfer getting territorial over an epic swell.’
- ‘They began digging in their spot, wielding nothing more sophisticated than garden scratchers and shovels.’
- ‘He dug with a scratcher to reveal the outlines of a boulder approximately 12 x 18 x 10 inches in size.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.