One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She scribbled the address on a scratch pad and gave it to me.’
- ‘He also keeps on that clipboard a scratch pad where he jots down ideas for a screenplay he's developing (he wouldn't share the details) and verses for his hobby as a spoken-word poet.’
- ‘He frowns at the numbers on display, looks back at the scratch pad on his desk, and jots down some notes in his sprawling confident handwriting.’
- ‘Dom took another paper off the scratch pad from the bag of supplies that he still carried and began transferring the clue's symbols.’
- ‘Ash and Lari would exchange looks every few minutes while Dara scribbled numbers and letters down on a faded yellow scratch pad.’
- 1.1Computing A small, fast memory for the temporary storage of data.
- ‘Rather than just being something of an open scratch pad, JotSpot lets people build their own software programs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.